Racing

Racing
contact me at e.senseman@gmail.com

2/19/2012

Week of 02/13 - 02/19

Feb. 13 (Monday): off

Feb. 14 (Tuesday): AM 10 miles, 1hr:13, 7:16/mile, Out-and-back along the Cap City Trail. There was about an inch or two of snow on the ground this morning; really a beautiful morning. The train came by a few miles in and scared a buck out of the woods. Watching the buck scatter through the blanket of snow was magnificent. Legs felt very fresh--promising after two back-to-back eighty mile weeks.

Feb. 15 (Wednesday): AM 6 x 800m repeats, 200m jog in between, 8+ miles. Times were all within the window of 2:30 to 2:40: 2:36, 2:34, 2:39, 2:37, 2:32, 2:35. Legs felt a bit heavy at the end, but with little rest in between I was happy with how I was feeling. PM 5+ miles, :37, Lake Monona Loop.

Feb. 16 (Thursday): AM 10 miles, 1hr:13, 7:15/mile, Out-and-back to the Arb. Some wind and cooler temps this morning. My legs made it known that yesterday's effort was more than leisurely.

Feb. 17 (Friday): off. Trying to take it easy and rest up the legs.

Feb. 18 (Saturday): AM 11 miles, 1hr:15, 6:50/mile, Out-and-back on Lakefront Trail (Chicago). I was in Chicago for the weekend and the trail along Lake Michigan was a nice change of pace. There was a stout headwind the first five miles, which made for an extremely easy five on the way back. Tried to run miles 5 & 6 at race pace; I did well on the first (6:41) but unknowingly picked up the pace for the second (6:28). One more race-pace run next week should do the trick.

Feb. 19 (Sunday): off. I had planned to run after returning to Madison but I was pretty wiped after a fun weekend. It's probably best to stay rested at this point.

Totals: 44+ miles, 5hr:15. Did a great job of taking it easy. I do, however, feel more fatigued than I would like, so I'll have to get some extra sleep this week. I might do a few less miles just to be sure that I'm rested. 1 week until the race!

No comments:

Post a Comment