Racing

Racing
contact me at e.senseman@gmail.com

4/22/2012

04/16 - 04/22

Monday (April 16): off

Tuesday (April 17): AM 12 miles, 1hr:27, 7:15/mile, along Monona Bay to the Arb. Easy miles on a cool, humid morning. PM 8 miles, 1hr, 7:22/mile, along Lake Monona to Turville Point. Cool breeze, lots of sunshine, more easy miles.

Wednesday (April 18): AM 10 miles, 3 mile "float" workout in 17:30 with Fran and Festus. I wasn't feel great this morning, but managed to have a half-way decent workout (Fran did an additional mile that I did not partake in). We ran half of each lap (200m) in around 36 secs and the second half in around 46 secs. I haven't run intervals that quickly in quite awhile, so it was a nice change of pace. I'll need to get in a few more of these "faster workouts" over the next month or so.

Thursday (April 19): AM 31 miles, 4hrs, 7:45/mile, point-to-point from (roughly) Ridgeway to Verona on the Military Ridge Trail with Hank. I joined Hank for a mock race-day experience in which his wife (graciously) crewed along the way every five or so miles. I was very pleased with the effort: it was not taxing, my legs felt great and have recovered marvelously. I did have some pain in my left achilles tendon during the second half of the run. I'll need to keep an eye on that to make sure I don't incur a serious injury.

Friday (April 20): off. My achilles was quite sore with a lot of inflammation this morning. I waited until late afternoon to run but realized within 100 meters that I was going to have to take a few days off. The pain wasn't too terrible but I know that if I run through the pain there will be an even greater chance of a serious injury. I'll take the rest of the week off, ice, soak my achilles in hot water, and rest before getting back to it next week. Unfortunate, but so it goes.

Saturday (April 21): off

Sunday (April 22): off. The achilles is feeling much better--good news.

Weekly Totals: 61 miles, ~8hrs. This started off as another excellent week of training but unfortunately it was cut short. I was still pleased, especially with the 50k effort on Thursday and the swift recovery thereafter.

No comments:

Post a Comment