Racing

Racing
contact me at e.senseman@gmail.com

5/06/2012

04/30 - 05/06

Monday (April 30): off

Tuesday (May 1): AM 10 miles, 20 x 200m @ 35 - 37 seconds at the University track. The effort was taxing through the middle repeats, but I kept a good rhythm going for 20 repeats. PM 10 miles, 1hr:14, 7:26/mile, along Lake Monona to Turville Point; loops around Turville Point. It was nice exploring the Turville Point trails with loops through the hilly, wooded area along Lake Monona.


Wednesday (May 2): PM 10 miles, 4 x 800m @ 2:37, 2:28, 2:34, 2:32 along Lakefront Trail. It was very warm during this workout around 2pm: around 80 degrees with lots of humidity. I tried to stay relaxed and efficient during the repeats with mixed results. My legs were beat up at the end.


Thursday (May 3): AM 20 miles, 2hrs:33, 7:40/mile, out-and-back on Military Ridge Trail from Mt. Horeb; a few miles of trails in Blue Mounds State Park. Hank and I found some wonderful trails in Blue Mounds State Park that we had not yet explored. The terrain was rolling and the trails were a mix of grass, mud, and rock. Excellent stuff for a training run. My legs were really sore during and after today's effort.


Friday (May 4): AM 8 miles, 1hr:02, 7:40/mile, along Lake Monona to Turville Point. My legs are still tight so I ran a few easy miles to try to loosen them up. They're feeling a little better but I'll definitely need to re-evaluate my race strategy for tomorrow. I should no longer expect a sub-76 minute finish, even though I'm in shape for it--my legs are just too beat up this week.

Saturday (May 5): AM 18 miles, Door County Half Marathon, 5th place, 1:19:30, 6:05/mile. On a bad day, I had a decent result. I'm really happy with several aspects of this race, even though the overall time was not as glamorize as I would have liked. See my Race Report: Door County Half Marathon for more.

Sunday (May 6): AM 10 miles, 1hr:18, 7:50/mile, loops around the Arb with Hank. I met up with Hank at 6am and we were able to get our miles in before a day full of thunderstorms. We explored some of the Arb that I hadn't seen before, which was nice. Legs felt good through eight miles, started to feel sore towards the end. PM 8 miles, :59, 7:25/mile, out-and-back on the Cap City Trail. I ran some easy miles in the post-thunderstorm evening to loosen up my legs; they were feeling better by the end of the run. Really pleasant conditions: low 60s, light breeze, and overcast.

Weekly Totals: 94 miles, 11hrs:30. Three speed workouts (including a race), a long run, and 94 miles on six days of running; all while recovering from an achilles injury. I am most pleased!

Hank, kicking up mud, on a trail in Blue Mounds State Park.
A spectacular view of Lake Michigan in Door County (thanks to Fran and Laura).

Peninsula State Park (to the left) and Horseshoe Island (center, distant)

A stop by historic Lambeau Field.


No comments:

Post a Comment