Racing

Racing
contact me at e.senseman@gmail.com

6/05/2012

In review: May training, Races to date

May was an excellent month for training and racing. The training totals for May include: 407 miles, 49hrs:35. This month included an abundance of workouts, several races, and at least one 20+ mile every week. In the final days of May, and the first days of June, I ran a minimal number of miles. I was visiting with friends in Washington, DC and only managed about 40 miles. I had built this easy week into my training schedule to rest a bit after running five races early in the year (including three races in four weeks at the end of April / beginning of May). I intend to have another 400+ mile month in June starting with ~90 miles this week. If all goes well, I then hope to run 100 - 115 for five weeks in a row, which will take me into the middle of July. I will then have two weeks to make final preparations for the Voyageur 50.

My race times to date include:

Cowtown Marathon: 02:51:30 (6:33/mile)
Mad City 50k: 03:21:49 (6:29/mile)
Crazylegs Classic 8k: 27:35 (5:31/mile)
Door County Half Marathon: 01:19:30 (6:05/mile)
Syttende Mai 20 Mile Run: 02:08:49 (6:27/mile)

I've had some decent times on the pavement at a variety of distances. I'll continue the speed / strength training as I shift gears to the trails for the rest of the year. I'm looking forward to racing through the woods!


No comments:

Post a Comment