Racing

Racing
contact me at e.senseman@gmail.com

9/23/2012

09/17 - 09/23

Mixed results this week following the race. Here's the word:

Monday (Sept. 17): off. Soreness has reduced considerably. Good news!
Tuesday (Sept. 18): off. 15 minute swim at the UW Serf. Feeling back to normal.
Wednesday (Sept. 19): AM 10 miles, 1hr:14, 7:26/mile, out-and-back on the Cap City Trail to the Arb. Some easy miles on a cool morning. I felt some tightness in my hips and IT band on the way back.
Thursday (Sept. 20): AM 8 miles, :56, 7:05/mile, out-and-back through the city to the Lakefront Trail. Started feeling tightness in my knee with some shooting pain. I was able to finish but my knee is feeling sore.
Friday (Sept. 21): off. Knee still sore. Seems to be an IT band issue.
Saturday (Sept. 22): PM 3-4 miles round trip run to the pool, 42 minute swim. More swimming to stay off the knee; a few miles on the feet didn't seem too taxing.
Sunday (Sept. 23): AM 11+ miles, 1hr:13, 6:36/mile, SMR loop with Hank & Fran. A nice up tempo run. Started feeling tightness in my right knee about halfway. A bit concerned. But a 55 mile bike ride in the afternoon seemed to help. I'll give ice and some strengthening exercises a try.

Weekly totals: ~35 miles, ~4 hours. Supplemented with some swimming and biking, still not a bad week from a training standpoint. Hoping my knee will cooperate and the mileage will pick back up in the coming weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment