Racing

Racing
contact me at e.senseman@gmail.com

10/09/2012

10/01 - 10/07

I've been quite busy with friends in town, class work, etc. but here's the rundown on last week:

Monday (Oct. 1): AM ~12 miles, 1hr:23, 6:53/mile, out-and-back along Monona Bay into an Arb loop (road). Knee still ailing. The brisk pace seemed to feel more comfortable than slower miles so I kept a steady clip.
Tuesday (Oct. 2): AM 10+ miles, 5 x 1,000m @ 3:30, 3:17, 3:17, 3:12, 3:11. 30 minute warmup before meeting Fran at the track. 400m jog between sets. We eased into the workout since both of us had been from serious speed work for some time. It felt good to get moving. Felt some sharp pain in my knee during the 20 minute cool down.
Wednesday (Oct. 3): AM 10 miles, 1hr:14, 7:20/mile, out-and-back on the Cap City Trail. Recovering from yesterday, same story with the knee.
Thursday (Oct. 4): off. Knee issues + a long day of teaching = rest.
Friday (Oct. 5): AM 12 miles, 1hr:30, 7:32/mile, loops around the Arb (trail). Still feeling sharp pain, especially around miles 9 and 10. The rolling hills (especially the down hill) were painful.
Saturday (Oct. 6): AM 20 miles, 2hrs:44, 8:12/mile, out-and-back from Hank's house to the Ice Age Trail. I made it through this one, and my knee was pain free during the second half, but I felt some serious pain from miles 4 to 7 during this run. Sharp, shooting pain like I've never felt before. Boy, did it hurt. But I kept moving (although silently) until it worked itself out and the second half was smooth sailing. I'm heading to St. Louis in a week and a half to see my chiropractor to get this issue settled before my next race.
Sunday (Oct. 7): off. I though it'd be smart to take it easy after yesterday. And I had friends in town to enjoy my time with.

Weekly Totals: 64 miles, 8 hours. Less than notable totals, but I need to focus on getting my knee/IT band back to normal. The good news is that I ran today (10/9) and didn't feel even a hint of pain. Let's hope that continues!

No comments:

Post a Comment