Racing

Racing
contact me at e.senseman@gmail.com

11/06/2012

10/29 - 11/04

Mostly favorable results following race week. Here's how it looked:

Monday (Oct. 29): off. Soreness has mostly subsided. A 30 minute swim helped.
Tuesday (Oct. 30): off. Feeling close to normal but want to give it one more day. Another swim, 35 minutes.
Wednesday (Oct. 31): AM 10 miles, 1hr:17, 7:37/mile, loops around the Arb (trail). Really felt good. My legs felt a bit heavy during the latter miles, especially my quads (but no soreness or pain lingering in the knee or hip--good news).
Thursday (Nov. 1): PM 12 miles, 1hr:27, 7:17, out-and-back on the Cap City Trail to the Arb (road/trail). Still a bit tighter than I'd like to be; so, I might have to run a few fewer miles this week than I'd like.
Friday (Nov. 2): AM 10 miles, 1hr:24, 8:33/mile, loops around the Arb (trail) with Hank. Easy miles with Hank early this morning. The easy pace was probably best.
Saturday (Nov. 3): off. I might have run today but I was tired and I figure I can finally squash the soreness with one last day off for awhile.
Sunday (Nov. 4): AM 12 miles, 1hr:15, 6:15/mile, SMR loop plus one mile, miles 5 - 11 (7 miles) in 41:26 (5:55/mile). Strong run. I had an easy start with a 7:03 mile followed by a 6:48 mile before picking it up and ending on my fastest mile of the day (5:45). PM 7 miles, :50, 7:08/mile, loop around Monona Bay. Some easy miles to end the week.

Weekly Totals: 51 miles, The plan is to run 80 - 90 miles each of the next two weeks before backing off considerably during the last two weeks of the month leading up to TNF-Championships.
October Totals: 258 miles, 32hrs:15. Again, nothing spectacular this month. However, given the strong base that I established over the summer, and which improved my endurance, the fewer miles haven't hurt my fitness and the increased amount of speed work has done well to fine tune my speed.

No comments:

Post a Comment