Racing

Racing
contact me at e.senseman@gmail.com

11/13/2012

11/05 - 11/11

This week began as planned but was derailed by a viscous cold. After not being sick for three years, I paid the price this time: I've been out of commission for four days. But here's how last week looked:

Monday (Nov. 5): PM 10 miles, 1hr:13, 7:17/mile, out-and-back on the Cap City trail to the Arb (road). A pleasant run on a dark, cold, rainy evening.
Tuesday (Nov. 6): PM 10 miles, 1hr:16, 7:36/mile, Cap City trail to the Turville Point trails. Again cold and again dark. Running through the woods made for a fun time.
Wednesday (Nov. 7): AM 12 miles, 1hr:27, 40 x 20/40 workout, out-and-back on the Cap City trail to the Arb (road). This is the longest workout of 20 seconds sprint, 40 seconds easy that I've done but it felt as easy or easier than the shorter ones. That's a good sign. The workout made for almost 6.5 miles, averaging anywhere from 6:08/mile to 6:22/mile.
Thursday (Nov. 8): AM 10 miles, 1hr:24, 8:28/mile, loops around the Arb with Hank. I was certainly feeling the effects of the effort yesterday; taking it easy with Hank felt good.
Friday (Nov. 9): AM 10 miles, 1hr:06, 6:36/mile, 5 miles @ around 5:45/mile. 2.5 mile warm up and 2.5 mile cool down with some fast miles in between.
Saturday (Nov. 10): off. When I woke up feeling sick, I thought I'd be able to rest and hit the trails by the afternoon. I was wrong.
Sunday (Nov. 11): off. Symptoms worsened and at the worst time of training!

Weekly Totals: 52 miles, 6hrs:30. The planned 24-mile run on Saturday and 15-mile run on Sunday had to be bagged. Those would have been nice to get in, since both involved lots of hills. There's still a window of time to improve fitness before the TNF-Championships. The only good news at this point is that I'm already it great shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment