Racing

Racing
contact me at e.senseman@gmail.com

3/10/2013

03/04 - 03/10

The penultimate week before the DC marathon looked like this:

Monday: off
Tuesday: AM 11 miles, 5 x 1,000m at the Shell with Fran. Three miles warm up; four miles cool down; 400m jog between repeats; repeats @ 3:16, 3:14, 3:11, 3:08, 3:05. The plan was to run six, as Fran did (his fourth, which I missed, being a 3:12), but I was reduced to the ground when my calves cramped up after the third repeat. I'm not sure what the cause was, but the pain was severe and never fully subsided (though it reduced enough for me to finish the workout after a few minutes of stretching).
Wednesday: PM 9 miles, 1hr:07, 7:27/mile, treadmill. Easy miles in the evening after a snow storm during the day. My calves were sore all day yesterday, but were feeling better by this evening.
Thursday: PM 10 miles, 1hr:11, 7:06/mile, out-and-back on Cap City Trail to the Arb (road). More easy miles in the late afternoon.
Friday: PM 14 miles, 8 mile race pace in 47:41 (5:57/mile), Arb (road). Three miles warm up; three miles cool down; splits @ 6:10, 5:59, 6:05, 5:57, 5:55, 5:47, 5:56, 5:48. I started off easy (as I'll hopefully do in the marathon), and then slowly, but sporadically, tried to increase the pace. Felt good.
Saturday: AM 15 miles, 1hr:53, 7:32/mile, out-and-back on Southwest Trail with Hank. A nasty morning, with freezing rain and overcast skies. But Hank and I managed a solid run.
Sunday: AM 14 miles, 1hr:31, 6:31/mile, SMR loop plus three miles with Fran. The pace stayed brisk, but not purposively, as Fran and I cruised along during another nasty morning (rain, puddles, cold).

Weekly Totals: 73 miles, ~8:30. I tried to keep my mileage as tame as I could manage this week, since I'll be going for a fast road marathon next weekend. I feel fairly rested, so I'll be trying to stay feeling good into next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment