Racing

Racing
contact me at e.senseman@gmail.com

4/23/2013

04/15 - 04/21

Another race week! Here goes:

Monday (Apr. 15): AM 8 miles, :58, 7:13/mile, out-and-back on Cap City Trail.
Tuesday (Apr. 16): AM 14 miles, 8 x mile, quarter mile easy jog between reps, along the Lakefront Path with Fran. Really great workout: 2 mile warm up, 2 mile cool down, 8 x mile splits in 5:41, 5:38, 5:41, 5:30, 5:39, 5:34, 5:41, 5:34 (Fran sped to a 5:12 on this one). The odd numbered repeats were slightly uphill and into some increasingly strong winds; the evens slightly downhill and with the wind at our backs. PM 8 miles, 1hr:01, 7:38/mile, out-and-back along Lake Monona to Turville Park trails. My left knee started to feel weak (I think it's something with the IT band coming down from the hip flexor) and the second half of the run was quite uncomfortable.
Wednesday (Apr. 17): off. Knee feeling a bit twingy from yesterday, so taking a day to let it rest.
Thursday (Apr. 18): PM 8 miles, 1hr, 7:30/mile, out-and-back along Monona Bay to the Arb (road). I was reduced to walking, or, more accurately, hobbling, four miles into the run, and only barely managed to make it home. Concerning, to say the least.
Friday (Apr. 19): off. Less severe comfort than yesterday, but discomfort nonetheless.
Saturday (Apr. 20): AM 32 miles, Mad City 50km, 1st, 3:14:24 (6:15/mile). See my Race Report: Mad City 50km for details.
Sunday (Apr. 21): AM 0.5 miles, 5 minutes. Knee issues resurfaced after the race yesterday and, after jogging about a quarter mile with Fran, I had to turn back and call it a day. Rats!

Weekly Totals: 70 miles, 7hrs:45. The week turned out far less ambitious than I had hoped, having to take (basically) three full days off. The rest of the week was great, but I'm now left with some concerns regarding my knee. Hopefully I'll be feeling better in just a day or two. I need another five or so days of good training before taking it easy in preparation for the Ice Age Trail 50.

No comments:

Post a Comment