Racing

Racing
contact me at e.senseman@gmail.com

4/29/2013

No Go at Crazylegs; A Go at the JFK50

I didn't run the Crazylegs 8km this past Saturday. It's a super fun race and I was bummed not to be participating. I did, however, do some spectating, watching some of the 27,000 runners at the start and many more at the finish. The DNS was, of course, due to the nagging knee issues that I've been having over this past 12 or so days. Again, it was tough to sit this one out, since I love nothing more than to compete, but I think it was for the best. In any case, one my training partners, Fran Flanagan, had a great finish, running 26:20 for 5th place. Congrats to him and to all the other finishers!

A bit of good news from last week: I was accepted into the JFK50! This is a race I've wanted to run for some time now, and I'm thrilled that I'll have the opportunity later this year. For now, I'll be doing my best to have my knee in good shape for the Ice Age Trail 50 and, following that, I have a number of other races on the agenda, but I have an eye toward this historic 50 mile race in late November: it'll be a great, and hopefully competitive, way to end 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment